
I am grateful for Ears.

These are pretty important as a musician.
One class I took during my undergrad was about teaching students with disabilities. The professor asked the class whether we'd rather be blind or deaf. Overwhelming the vote was for deaf. There were only 2 students that voted for blind -- myself and the other music ed major. It's really difficult to be a musician without being able to hear. Beethoven pulled it off...but he's pretty much the exception.
Side note: After asking the question, the professor told us that the average level of satisfaction with life is higher in those that are blind than in those that are deaf. Deafness tends to be more isolating. Just in case you were wondering...
Other E things I'm grateful for: Electricity, Envelopes, Elephants, Education, Eyes, Elegance, Eating, & Eels.
3 comments:
hmmm. That's super interesting! I totally would have said deaf. Like how could anyone go without sunsets etc? And since I have a horrible ear, I could never play new music if I couldn't see it. I would like to think if I went deaf, I could still hear music in my head if I could see the music.
I never knew you had a fondness for eels!
I, too, am an eel lover from way back. :) Also, my next goal is to make it onto your blog. In picture or word form. Or maybe even idea form.
Post a Comment