
I am grateful for dogs.
Getting a dog is part of my life plan. An important part--it has it's own bullet point. I'm hoping that I can get one within 5 years. The things I'm doing in life right now are pretty much just stepping stones on the way to being able to get a dog.
Seriously. I'm actually not kidding about that. :)
I love dogs for so many reasons. But the biggest is that they love you unconditionally. They'll see you at your best and worst and love you anyway. If you're grumpy and yell at them, they forgive you. If you're emotional about stupid little things, they never judge you. If you're sick or sad, they're there to cuddle. I don't think they're as dumb as everyone says they are, but even if they were it isn't important. They know how to love and the rest doesn't really matter.
I've only ever had one dog. Rikki. We got him when I was about 5 and named him after Rikki-Tikki-Tavi--a mongoose from the Rudyard Kipling stories. Yep. We named our dog after a mongoose...because he kind of looked like one. I had friends that called him the "Egyptian rat dog." But I thought he was cute. He was part chihuahua, part something else, and all wonderful!
In fact, I personally picked him. When we went to the Humane Society as a family my dad and brothers wanted a big dog, and my mom wanted a poodle that wouldn't shed. But I stopped at the first kennel on my left where a tiny beige puppy would lick my fingers when I put them through the fence--even though I had been instructed not to. :) And when it came down to it, my dad said, "We can either take the dog or leave the girl," and we had our family dog. We had him for over 17 years and I miss him lots! Unfortunately I can't find a picture of him on my computer to share with you. I'll work on that.
BONUS!!!! I couldn't leave out the other D thing I'm super grateful for.....
Disneyland!!!!
It's the happiest place on earth. And if you don't think so, you need to go with me and Melissa. We're good at Disneyland. :)
Other D things I'm grateful for: Daisies, Dads, Doctors, Dance, Dessert, & Dictionaries.
2 comments:
I love this alphabet thing. I had no idea you felt so strongly about dogs! I feel just as strongly in the opposite direction:( Haha.
I like that Snow White, she's super hot! Do you think I could get a copy of that picture!
Post a Comment