Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Seasonal Dilemma

I love this time of year! The first hints of Spring have arrived. The early flowers are blooming and the sunny days are becoming more frequent. Spring is my favorite season!

But it also poses some problems...

As you may know (if you read this post), I have a serious weakness for these:



Not to be confused with the Cadbury Mini Eggs, which are gross.


When I was a kid, the Easter Bunny would hide one for each child. So we got one on Easter, and that was it. It was a Spring treat to be savored.

Fast forward to this Spring -- I'm an adult, responsible for my own decisions, ... and they are Buy 2 Get 2 Free at Safeway.

It's a problem.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I end up with regret. Either 1) I cave and buy them, then regret eating them because they are definitely NOT diet-friendly, or 2) I'm strong and don't buy them, then regret that when I wish could eat them because they ARE delicious!

And Easter isn't for 3 more weeks ... I can't win.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I feel the exact same way except switch the creme eggs with the mini-eggs. A couple weeks ago I was at Target and I asked the Target lady if they had any Cadbury mini-eggs and she said "I don't think so." And I said, "Would you have any in the back?" (I felt desperate) And she about bit my head off and said "They are not out yet!" Perhaps I was the 3rd person that day asking for the mini eggs? Anyway, it was sad and long live Cadbury.