Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A letter of venting -- I'll probably delete this later. :)

Dear Parents of my students:

I would like to apologize.

I'm sorry your student didn't deem it necessary to complete the assignments as expected and so is failing.

I'm sorry I'm not able to restructure my entire program to best feature your student.

I'm sorry that you didn't get a good enough seat at the concert.

I'm sorry that you don't like the choice that your 18-year-old student made.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to have an entirely new dress made for your student who didn't mention the problem until the day of the concert.

I'm sorry that I'm human and make mistakes.

Thanks so much for your patience. Let me know when you're ready to come in and take over my job. It's all yours.

Sincerely,
Ms. Thorne

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh man. I know every note of that song. Sometimes the parents are the hardest part of my job. Hang in there!

Katie Houston said...

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES.

Kate said...

That is hilarious! Thank you for that. All teachers everywhere can relate.