Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Take my breath away

I recently had a rather embarrassing incident choking on an almond. For me, it was pretty standard. But I was on a date and he didn't know that I just choke a lot. It's not usually first date conversation material. Although maybe it should be.

It reminded me that I should probably take the opportunity to inform those around me (starting the with 3 people that read this blog) that I choke a lot. But you don't really need to worry 'cause I haven't died from it yet! :)

It all started at a very young age. When I was about 4 my siblings and I went to the park. While there I choked on a hard candy and my older brother had to use the Heimlich maneuver to keep me breathing. However, since we were young we perceived it as more cool that he shot the hard candy all the way across the pavilion, and not scary that I had been unable to breathe. My mom, on the other hand, had different thoughts when she heard about it several hours later.

Since then, along with choking on my own spit fairly regularly, I have had serious choking incidents with:



Jello


Hot Chocolate



Water


and last but not least-

Slurpee.
That one was actually pretty scary.


So now you know.

And if I am suddenly unable to breathe around you, it's probably not because I'm taken aback by your beauty or whatever shocking/funny thing you just said. Sorry about that. :-)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

That last part is a blatant lie. Liar pants.

Amy Anderson said...

ha ha! Good luck living! ;-)

weephun said...

So saved your life ;)