Yesterday I was driving along the Alpine Highway singing my guts out to Love Shack. It was awesome.
Sometime during the song I made a decision: I'm not dressing up for Halloween.
I'm not sure where this decision came from, it doesn't seem to be related to anything in the song or anything I might have seen as I drove. I suspect maybe it comes from the fact that for whatever reason, I felt more like myself while rockin' out in my car than I have in a long time.
But either way, that's the way it's going to be. It's not that I dislike Halloween or dressing up. In fact, I reserve the right to change my mind if a great costume idea surfaces that requires very little effort and stress and which will make me look fabulous and clever. But until then...it's simply not worth the effort to me. And you can call me a spoilsport or a party pooper as much as you'd like. I will party it up for Halloween it my regular clothes. The end. :)
This liberating moment got me to thinking about other things that I refuse to apologize for. Here's some that came to mind.
1. I hate mustard. Yuck. But I like deviled eggs. Yes, I do realize they have mustard in them. I still hate mustard.
2. I hate being tickled. I admit that I have engaged in my share (and maybe more) of flirtatious tickle wars and not totally hated every second of it. But unless you're a boy that I'm trying to flirt with, I'm not a fan.
3. I really love music, but I'm not very good at knowing bands and keeping up with current awesome new groups, etc. Wait...scratch this one off the list. I don't exactly apologize for it, but I do want to do better.
4. I listen to Christmas music all year long!!!! And I love it!!! Nothing puts a smile on my face faster than when my itunes is on random and a little bit of the Elvis Christmas Album comes on. I see no need to wait until an appointed date to feel this joy in my heart.
Okay, that's all for now. Mostly because my computer is about to die and I'm too tired/lazy to get up and plug it in. :) Goodnight folks!
1 comment:
Yay for listening to Christmas all year!!!!!
Post a Comment