On Monday I went to work (in a borrowed car due to my lack of tires--another good story) and after teaching classes went to some loooooong meetings, an All-State Choir rehearsal, a voice lesson, and FHE. Needless to say I was pretty exhausted. And as I finally arrived home, I breathed deep and thought "I sure am tired, but at least I only have to work one more day this week." And then it dawned on me...it wasn't Thursday night! It was only Monday.
That is pretty much how the week has gone.
I'm not saying that it's been an awful week. Lots of good things have happened. I had some really good days, some not so good moments, and been very busy. It's basically been a standard week. But for some reason, every night has felt like Thursday night, and I've had to convince myself that I can get up and go to work for one more day. (And ironically, now that I've finally made it to Thursday, it feels like it should be Friday.)
One highlight of the week: A new month started! I have a little tradition for the first day of the month. And yes, I do realize that sharing this makes me sound totally nerdy, but I'm going to do it anyway. On the first day of every month I go through my email at work for the previous month and clean it out! ...(this is me, pausing for laughter and mocking)... I know it sounds lame, but I love it. I actually look forward to it--a lot. For about a week before the first of the month, I'm just itching to get started, I have to really hold myself back.
I think I like it for several reasons.
1. I get to review all the funny/interesting emails from the previous month.
2. I feel like I'm doing something productive, cleaning things out, getting a fresh start, blah blah blah. :)
3. ....It distracts me from other work I should be doing that I don't enjoy as much.
Oh, and P.S. -- I killed a giant spider in my office today. I wasn't really excited.
2 comments:
Wow! What a week! I guess I'm feeling a little better about the fact that you stole my luck, but don't get used to the feeling! ;-)
I'm glad we're friends.
Post a Comment