I probably shouldn't be allowed to blog when I'm this tired.
But it's been an incredibly long day, and I need to unwind a bit. So I thought I'd share my favorite part of today.
Some crazy part of me keeps thinking I need to get more involved at school. As if I'm not busy enough already. :) So this year, I'm the advisor for Senior Class Student Council. It's so fun and so nuts. And this weekend is Homecoming (which Senior Class is in charge of) so it's been especially stressful. And today was particularly crazy and rough.
But then, all that changed...
As part of the festivities the school has a Homecoming Carnival (thankfully, the one element we're not in charge of!). And one of the booths at the carnival is the Pie-in-the-face booth. ...Which I was asked to help with, so...
Between 5:30 and 6:00 pm tonight, I got 21 whipped cream and chocolate syrup pies shoved in my face by students. Not just thrown--shoved! There was lots of smearing and pushing and laughter as the tables were turned and my students were allowed to torture me. For a mere two dollars they had the opportunity to show me who's boss. I had pie everywhere! And I was the teacher with the most pies purchased and smeared on me--which I think is a good thing.
But despite the pudding in my eyes, ears, and nose (I can still smell it!), it was definitely the highlight of my day. I love my job.
1 comment:
lol. I can't believe I missed it! Next time you volunteer for something like that let me know, I am so there :-)
Post a Comment