Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I don't want to live on the moon.

Tonight as I was driving home I saw the man in the moon.

I was remembering how when I was little everyone talked about the man in the moon and I could never figure out what they meant. I finally asked my mom one night and she pointed out the craters/dark spots that form the face of the man in the moon. I don't know what I was expecting, but for some reason I was totally disappointed. It seemed like it should be more...something.

It seems like that happens all too often as we grow up. Those mystic and magical things eventually lose their sparkle. Which seems kind of sad.

But still...I smiled when I thought of it tonight. :) So maybe it's not so bad.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

PS I love that song and found the guitar chords for it.

Jodi said...

Dear Beef, I tagged you. You can check out my blog for the details. :)