Thursday, August 7, 2008

And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street!


When I was a kid, one of my favorite books was "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street," by Dr. Seuss. If you haven't read it, you should. It's about a kid who decides that telling about the horse and cart he saw on the way home is too boring, so he makes us great stories about all the things he wished he'd seen. So when we saw this on the way to the hotel in Newark, I was pretty excited. :) I didn't actually see any elephants or chariots, but still...


So. Now that we're home, here's a quick summary of our adventures.

15 days
8 states
10 cities
5500+ miles traveled
2 rental cars
2 canceled flights
2 standby flights
9 hours in the Atlanta airport
1 "we finally made it to Memphis" flight!
400 million records sold by Elvis
4 Shirley Temples
3 Dolphins
1 enormous scary red spider
3 Lighthouses
1 Colonial village
2 fish pedicures
1 Hope Diamond
1 awesome rain storm
1 very long bus ride
9 pairs of earrings
8 shirts
2 coats
14 pairs of shoes
1 Broadway show
1 carriage ride through Central Park
and Way Too Much Chinese Food!

The end. :)

No comments: