Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween stuff

We've already established that I don't love Halloween.

That hasn't changed.

But I have had at least one great Halloween experience this year. Drew and I got together with some of his friends for a night of pumpkin carving! They take their pumpkin carving very seriously. Very. Seriously. I was a little out of my league. :)

Thankfully they had a book with patterns for some cool carvings. I chose my favorite (even though it was 3/4 difficulty and some people -- drew! -- doubted my abilities) and went to town. After some hard work...and some toothpick repairs...here is the final product:

Probably the best pumpkin I've ever carved!
Mine is the witch and Drew did Linus and the great pumpkin!

5 comments:

Katie Houston said...

Um, don't you mean at least TWO good Halloween experiences?! I'm hurt! :-) I thought my haunted hotel pizza was quite genius myself!

Karen Decker said...

Impressive!

Rob and Jen Raybould said...

Love it!!

Tessa said...

Sad I missed Katie's haunted hotel pizza.

I'm very impressed with your carving skills... I don't like Halloween either and I don't even like carving pumpkins!!!!

Emily said...

Um, thank you for being the other person on the planet who doesn't really like Halloween! I was starting to feel abandoned. And good work on the pumpkin! You have so many talents. :)