Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reincarnation

Last Saturday night my roommates and I had a movie night while we all pretended to be productive and work on homework. :) We watched a documentary/educational video about the musicians of the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra. I thought it was really fun and interesting--which is not that surprising since I'm pretty much a music lover.

But it also stressed me out a little because it made me desperately miss playing the flute! I kept thinking about how much I loved it and how fun it was to become really good at a piece and then get the opportunity to perform it. Playing the flute was something that I was just naturally blessed in--I definitely worked hard and practiced, but the progress was clear and continuous. And I really did enjoy it, but I did not love spending 5 hours a day in a practice room -- so the choice to switch to choral education was obvious and clear. It's what I wanted to do. But while watching that movie there were moments that I wished I had finished my degree in flute and was now playing in an orchestra or something awesome like that.

*Now don't worry, I really don't wish that. I love what I do and if I had the chance to live it all over again I would make the same career/education decisions.*

So then I started thinking about what I would do if I could just live another life...or several more. :)

Here's what I've got so far:
1. Become a star flute player and land an awesome gig with an orchestra--performing as a soloist occasionally, of course.
2. Go to cosmetology school and spend my days making people look and feel beautiful.
3. Teach English -- especially English literature!
4. Become a photographer.
5. Rock the world as a classical pianist.
6. Be a travel blogger and see the world!!!

Thoughts? What would you do if you had another life to live?

1 comment:

Katie Houston said...

So couldn't you just BE the rich and very cool person? Forget the assistant part...