Friday, December 4, 2009

Sorry I'm not home right now

Many months ago I got an email from a counselor at my school inviting me to participate in a faculty band he was trying to organize for the school talent show. In a moment of insanity, I agreed. I displayed another--perhaps more extreme--lack in judgment when I also agreed that Spiderwebs by No Doubt would be a great choice, thus cementing my position as the lead singer of The Power Standards. (I assure you, I had nothing to do with the naming of our band.)

Since that day I have second guessed my decision to willingly humiliate myself in front of 1200 high school students many times--all to no avail.

Today was the day. And this is what came of it.


Why yes, I am a rock star. Thanks for asking!

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Oh yeah... hot stuff!!

Not many brunettes can pull off being such a cute blonde!

Katie Houston said...

I love that the song was spiderwebs and that's exactly what that necklace of mine looks like.

Bitterbug said...

Yay! You have a blog now too!