Monday, December 7, 2009

'Cause we need a little Christmas

It's almost Christmas!!!!!

And I'll admit, I haven't been feeling super Christmasy...too much stress and craziness. So I got me a cute Christmas background for my blog and then felt I needed a Christmas post to go with it.

So, here are a few of my favorite things about Christmas!

*Listening to Christmas music all year round. Especially during late October and through November when all the Scrooges get mad that it's too soon. ;-)

*Going Christmas tree shopping with my dad.

*Decorating the Christmas tree with my family and enjoying all the reminiscences about our hodge-podge collection of ornaments.

*Sitting in front of the Christmas tree lights with my mom.

*Christmas morning egg casserole and homemade egg-nog.

*Reading the Christmas story from the scriptures after my dad's birthday party on Christmas Eve.

*Being with family.

*The first snowfall.

*Getting a book from Santa...and spending all day reading it.


Yep. Even if not everything about this Christmas is perfect, it'll be much more than just nice.

3 comments:

Katie Houston said...

I think you forgot a couple things...

*Frosting sugar cookies with my roommates

*Having a 12 for 12 party with my roommates

*Listening to Christmas music with my roommates

*Watching Lifetime Christmas movies with my roommates

etc.

Jodi said...

And...

*Going to a long overdue lunch with Jodi.

I love the cute penguin!

Tessa said...

And eating Nic's with Christmas music in the background.