1. I crossed paths with my brother while getting ready for work. He informed me, "It's cold." I thought, "duh," but I said, "Yep!" He was actually trying to be helpful since he'd seen the weather report on TV already and was reminding me to wear warm clothes. He also said something about snow. I ignored him. I'm not a morning person and it didn't seem important at the time.
2. Because of a cut on my foot, I opted for my brown shoes with socks rather than my polka dot shoes (which I don't wear socks with). Now appropriately shod, I went to school--freezing the second I walked out the door.
3. When I got to school, I decided not to carry in my large box of music, papers, etc. since I didn't want to fall on the ice. I figured I could go get them from my car at lunch. So, at lunch, around 12:15, I went out to my car to get my lunch and my box of stuff. The world seemed just about the same as the last time I saw it at 7:15 am. (I don't have windows in my office--this becomes important later!) Then I worked through my prep period, and stayed late to get extra work done, since I spent the entire break goofing off and getting nothing done.
Now, none of those things seem very significant. At least I didn't think so until...
Around 5:30 I decided it was time to leave. When I got to the door I stopped. Somehow, massive amounts of snow had suddenly appeared on my car!!! (This is when it's important to remember that I don't have windows in my office.) It's that while blob under the street light.

I spent several minutes digging out my car. All the while trying to remember the official Mr. Downs definition of Irony...Unfortunately, I don't think this counts. ;)
I finally got it cleared off and drove home, feeling very grateful for my spunky little car that refuses to get stuck in the snow, and for socks!
No comments:
Post a Comment