I consider myself a grown-up.
At 28, I think I kinda have to.
I make my own decisions, manage my own life, and generally act like an adult.
But when I try to paint my own toenails -- it looks like a 5-year-old did it.
(I have actually compared and can confirm the accuracy of this statement.)
I know this about myself. I've known it for a long time.
And the easy solution is -- pedicures!
Which works for me. I get to sit for an hour or so in a massage chair and my feet come out looking beautiful.
But the current grad student budgetary restrictions don't allow for that. So tonight, I caved. I found a pretty new color on sale and since no one was around to help, I decided to be a grown-up and paint my own toenails!
And the good news is -- I think I've upgraded to looking like an 8-year-old did it!
(Mostly because a 5-year-old might not know to use polish remover to take off the polish I get on my hand because I had to wipe it off my toes as I can't seem to keep it on my nails...)
But isn't it a fun color!?!?! :)

At 28, I think I kinda have to.
I make my own decisions, manage my own life, and generally act like an adult.
But when I try to paint my own toenails -- it looks like a 5-year-old did it.
(I have actually compared and can confirm the accuracy of this statement.)
I know this about myself. I've known it for a long time.
And the easy solution is -- pedicures!
Which works for me. I get to sit for an hour or so in a massage chair and my feet come out looking beautiful.
But the current grad student budgetary restrictions don't allow for that. So tonight, I caved. I found a pretty new color on sale and since no one was around to help, I decided to be a grown-up and paint my own toenails!
And the good news is -- I think I've upgraded to looking like an 8-year-old did it!
(Mostly because a 5-year-old might not know to use polish remover to take off the polish I get on my hand because I had to wipe it off my toes as I can't seem to keep it on my nails...)
But isn't it a fun color!?!?! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment