Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fancy Dreams

I'm a student council advisor at the school where I teach and this week we're doing interviews for next year's council. The applicants had to submit resumes, and one of the suggested sections was on goals and plans for the future. Most answers were pretty standard, but I thought a few were funny enough to share.

  • Serve a full-time LDS mission, Marriage in the Temple, raise children, work in healthcare as a doctor, write a fancy book, and inspire others.
**I'm not sure what a fancy book is...but if you're going to write a book, I guess you might as well make it stand out by writing a fancy one.
  • My goal/dream is to own a hot red mustang convertible one day.
**Me too!!! Although I'm not sure how that relates to student council...

And my personal favorite:

Plans for the Future

After I graduate from High School I plan on attending the Marriott School of Business for one year before leaving to serve a full-time 2 year LDS mission. Upon my return I will continue my schooling until I have earned a Bachelor’s degree or greater. I will then start my own business using this knowledge. During this time or shortly after, I will get married. I plan on having a family with multiple children and raising them in the best conditions possible.


Remember when it all seemed so simple? :-)

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Here's what I wrote when I was 17 in response to where I want to be in 10 years:

"I will be 27, almost 28. I'm pretty sure I'll be married. I want 6 kids total but probably have 2 at this point. I'll marry a return missionary with a strong testimony who has his priorities the same as mine- gospel and family first. He's gonna be sexy and bring me roses from Costco. I'm really excited and love thinking about marriage and kids etc."

Oh yes... when it all seemed so magical and simple... haha :)

Katie Houston said...

Oh man...I can so remember that blissful ignorance. But, I think real life might actually be better!

The Gibbs said...

what? you have a blog? a little sad that i did not know until now. but you are being added to my blog right now, honey. love, love, LOVE your lists. you are a fascinating person and i love you with my whole heart. speaking of seattle...?