Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I wish...

I wish I were a good writer.

I wish I had one of those blogs that people love to read. Even people that don't know me.

I wish the things I wrote were interesting and funny. Things that would have people laughing and crying and relating to what I have to say.

I wish I could just come up with wonderfully clever turns of phrase like...well...okay, so I can't think of any right now. (But don't judge me just by this one example, okay?)

I feel like I should be able to do this. I'm pretty sure I'm good at story-telling. Some of my stories are practically infamous with my students! ... or famous ... or whichever one means "Mama T's stories are tight!"

That's high school speak for, Wow! What a clever and intelligent teacher we have! We're so glad she chooses to share her wonderfully enriching and interesting life experiences with us!

Okay. I lied.

That's actually high school speak for, I love when Mama T gets distracted by telling stories and we don't actually have to work or try to learn anything.
Don't think I don't know that's actually what they're thinking.

But that's not the point. The point is they really love my stories. Really. I can tell you don't believe me. But I could prove it to you. If you came to school with me and said "chainsaw" or "Blarney Stone" or "ipod" or "grocery store" or "April Fool's Day" or "Juan Carlos"or "Batman" they'd tell you what great stories they are! And I bet you want to hear them now too, don't you!?! I don't blame you. They're pretty good stories.

But the problem is you wouldn't love them nearly as much if you read them here. Which is kind of a shame.

...sigh...

So, I'm going to try to become a brilliant writer! I'm not really sure how to do this, so if you have any suggestions let me know, okay?

Oh! I almost forgot! There's one other thing I wish...

*To go to the festival!*

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love to read your blog. I'll sign in as fake people and comment if necessary. :)

Jodi said...

You took down the post I loved about Autumn. I was going to say it would have been awesome to know that pretty much everyone else was woken up during that thunderstorm. We could have all had a party.